Re: 1.7.90: Two questions and a problem.

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:52:54 -0400 (EDT)

On 27 Apr 1999, Tomas Duewiger wrote:

> > 1.  I recall in AS 1.0 the icons had the Window-Maker like 'block' behind
> > them.  Now I can only get shaped icons like fvwm.  There must be a
> > configuration option to set that, but I can't figure it out from the docs.
> > Anyone know?
>
> It's a compile time option. 'configure --enable-iconbackground' will do
> the trick.

Being fairly new to Afterstep (at least since v1.6), I dont' quite
understand what this feature is.  Can someone explain what this feature is
and what the advantage is?

Coplan                                  /"\
------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                                        / \
------
Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.