Re: About The ATerm

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:55:40 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, New World Society wrote:

> I'm using aterm and it looks great whith the transparent background, but
> then i've read about the Style and set this line in file 'database':
>
> Style   "Terminal"      NoTitle, NoHandles
>
> Then this line at the 'wharf' file:
>
> *Wharf LinuxBox linux-penguin.xpm Exec "-" aterm -fn 10x20 -name
> Terminal +sb -tr &
>
> And in fact it appears transparent without Title nor Handles, at the
> begining it looks great, but when i start using it, each letter has a
> gray background so it lost all its greatness.
>
> Before the 'Style' change it doesn't happen.
>
> Is this normal???

If you're using AS 1.6.x, or AS 1.7.x (x < 15), this is likely to happen.
Prior to 1.7.15, aterm's method of doing fast transparency didn't work
very well with AS.  (To give credit where credit is due, the Window Maker
people came up with the ParentRelative trick before we did.)

> Or what can i do to correct the situations???

Changing BackingStore in your feel file may do the trick, but the best
way is to upgrade to the latest devel version.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1