Re: 1.7.90: Two questions and a problem.

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:51:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Coplan wrote:

> On 27 Apr 1999, Tomas Duewiger wrote:
>
> > > 1.  I recall in AS 1.0 the icons had the Window-Maker like 'block' behind
> > > them.  Now I can only get shaped icons like fvwm.  There must be a
> > > configuration option to set that, but I can't figure it out from the docs.
> > > Anyone know?
> >
> > It's a compile time option. 'configure --enable-iconbackground' will do
> > the trick.
> >
> Being fairly new to Afterstep (at least since v1.6), I dont' quite
> understand what this feature is.  Can someone explain what this feature is
> and what the advantage is?

--enable-iconbackground causes AfterStep to put a 64x64 pixmap behind
each iconized window.  It also removes the separate title from below the
icon, and instead prints the title on the icon itself.  This was the
default, prior to AS 1.5.

This feature should really be integrated and become a run-time option,
but no one has gotten around to it yet.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com