Re: anyone running wmWeather?

Dast (cfy1@Ra.MsState.Edu)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 11:23:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Mark Shacklette wrote:
> If anyone is running it successfully from wharf, can you give me some ideas on
> how to emulate you?

This is the entry that I put in my wharf file.

*Wharf wmWeather - Swallow "wmWeather" wmWeather -s KMSY &

I downloaded the source and compiled it, however.  I have no idea how the
rpm sets things up.  I also had to make changes to the script that
came with it to get it running in the first place.  But after that, it ran
fine, and swallowed fine.

You might want to check your console for any error messages it might print
out when you start wharf.  I think it runs a script ever 15 minutes or so.
The script downloads a text file into a .wmWeather directory in your home
directory.  Then it parses it and reads that in.  The script might be
bombing on something.

--Dast