Gnome and AS?

Ron McConn (mcconn1@avlismail.llnl.gov)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:48:51 -0700

At 06:12 PM 4/28/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Ron McConn wrote:
>
>> I still can't get Gnome to start though.
>
>What goes wrong? Does gnome-session work at all? eg, when you put it into
your
>.xinitrc file, does it start enlightenment?
>if not, does gnome-session directly starting from bash do something at all?

No, the Gnome session doesn't work at all.  I can't tell what goes wrong.
I haven't tried running enlightenment nor does it run after I make the
addition to .xinitrc file.  I have also tried to start gnome-session right
from bash but it doesn't work.  All of this makes me think that it's a path
problem.  But I'm not sure where gnome got installed.  I haven't done
anything with it in 2 or 3 days but I am going to investigate further this
evening.  I have gotten the AS patches but haven't installed them yet
(tonight's agenda).  Any suggestions are helpful.  If I figure it out I'll
post where I messed up so someone else can learn from my errors.

Thanks,

	Ron M.