Re: Wrong place?

Jeroen Asselman (j.asselman@writeme.com)
Fri, 02 Apr 1999 16:32:06 +0000

Tsunari wrote:

> I know this isn't a DIRECT AS question. But all of you here seem like
> family- So I'm going to ask. How do I activate a device on my system
> I.E. my modem. I can activate it from the control panel in AS when
> logged in as root.  But I would like to activate it from a terminal- or
> better yet- create an icon or something to that effect.

try ifup ppp0 (depending on your interface setup it could also be ppp1 ppp2 etc)

and to disconnect a ifdown ppp0

You can use these commands also in wmifs rc file.

--
+--   Greetings, Jeroen            --+--  ICQ UIN : 4331855      --+
| E-mail: Jeroen.Asselman@pemail.net | etv.hshaarlem.nl/~jeroena   |