Re: AfterStep question, please help....

Russell Scadden (russell.scadden@pfsfhq.com)
Fri, 02 Apr 1999 21:49:45 +0000

You can restore the default settings again (which do give you the
menus) by doing the following:

# cp -r /usr/local/share/afterstep/non-configurable \
  ~/GNUStep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable

This will replace your currently used personal settings with the default
ones.  You will not immediately see any difference.  Afterstep needs to be
restarted.

>From the commandline quit afterstep using:

#killall afterstep

The above worked for me just today as I ran into a similiar problem.  I am
using RedHat which wiped out my ~/G/L/A/start directories upon starting
afterstep.  I later selected the "update all" option from the menus.  This
resulted in just the application menus and none of the afterstep specific
ones.  I restored the afterstep menu options by following the steps above.

I have since followed the README.RedHat file that came with the source top
avoid changes to my ~/G/L/A/start directory being lost.

Russell Scadden