Re: Starting aterm on a specific desktop

cajun (cajun@tdl.com)
Sun, 04 Apr 1999 21:55:09 -0700

I've answered part of my own dumb question below (why name the
terminals).  However, I'm still not quite able to get aterm to do what
I'm looking for.  The command line I'm using is:

aterm -name Named -fg white -bg blue -e tail -f /var/log/messages | grep
named &

This works for the most part.  Aterm does start on the desktop I want
and does do the 'tail -v /var/log/messages', but it does not do the
grep.  My guess is the problem is a syntax error, but I've tried every
combination of delimiters that I can think of.

Mike