Re: Sugestions for AfterStep

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Fri, 7 May 1999 16:32:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Jeroen Asselman wrote:

> The problem is I know how to produce code. However, because of (almost) the
> lack of comments it takes me some time before I finally understand what one
> function is doing.

I couldn't program my way out of a paper bag, so I hope others will
forgive me if what I'm suggesting is sacrilege, but maybe once you
understand a function that you thought was poorly commented, you could
either comment the file & send it to the maintainer or write a brief
comments file against the file version you have, to help others faced with
your problem?  Possibly, the developer writing a particular area thought
the code would be completely transparent, and so didn't need commenting
(or whatever).  So, your notes might be useful to others.

Again, I don't want to start any wars.  Hope I didn't.

A.

----
Andrew Sullivan | asullivan@sprint.ca (home)| sullivana@bpl.on.ca (work)
                                   *  *  *