Re: PS/2 Mouse default Speed under AfterStep

Robert Brown (rb@cni.com.au)
Mon, 10 May 1999 13:33:13 +1000

The XSET  M ? works fine but I Afterstep does not seem to keep this
setting. I have heard of an X11 Startup config file, but am not able to
find where it lives (even after reading the manual).

I presume that I can put this command into the config file as mentioned
above, so, could someone point me in the right direction to the  X11
Startup config file.

Thanks,
Robert

Ethan <allanon@crystaltokyo.com> on 05/05/99 12:35:02 AM

Please respond to afterstep@linuxcenter.com

To:   afterstep@linuxcenter.com
cc:    (bcc: Robert Brown/CNI)

Subject:  Re: PS/2 Mouse default Speed under AfterStep

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Greg Anderson wrote:

> Now that we're all politically correct, does anyone know how to
> change the default speed of the mouse?   I don't care much for
> acceleration options.  Easier to get use to one speed with a mouse.
> Maybe acceleration works well with a track ball....

The mouse acceleration is handled by the X server.  Use xset to change
it:

xset m 3

----
Ethan Fischer