Re: Pager starting with color...

Andre Oliveira da Costa (costa@tecgraf.puc-rio.br)
Mon, 10 May 1999 11:29:56 -0300

Coplan wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us wrote:
>
> Wow...it's been a while...just in case you all forget the thread, I've
> quoted it.
[snip]
> It still doesn't work.  The pager still comes up with a gray background
> instead of being trasparent like I would like.
>
> Sorry it took so long to try this...though Im sure you all didn't loose
> sleep over it.

I recently installed AfterStep 1.7.90 (which comes with RedHat 6.0), and
I've experienced this behavior (pager starting with gray background
instead of the root picture) as well. Actually, things were even
stranger: the pager insisted on ignoring the database settings, coming
up with title bar, not sticky etc.

I was using *PagerSetRootOnStartup because I was launching an aterm with
transparent background before AS was started (it was on my .xinitrc). I
guessed this could be the source of my problems, so I removed the aterm
from my .xinitrc and put it on my ~/G/L/A/autoexec file, _after_ pager
starts (I even wait for the pager to come up, with 'Wait "I" Pager'),
_and_ commented out the *PagerSetRootOnStartup line. Be it a coincidence
or not, I haven't had any more problems since then...

HTH

Regards,

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa