Re: ftp access

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Tue, 11 May 1999 23:19:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 May 1999, tildouf wrote:

>I can't access ftp AS site.
>
>Does someone have the same problem ?

	[Argh, X and C being right next to each other on the keybd and
	meaing send and cancel - not a good thing :)]

As a general observation....
	Everyone should know that there is a main ftp site, and *several*
mirror sites.  These mirror site are their so you don't overload the main
ftp site, which is usually begged for and then put on the crapiest
machine, with the crapiest uptime and then forgotten about.  But the
mirrors are usually giant sites that have tremendous bandwidth and
virtually right next door to everyone on the 'net.  Yet people still
"complain" about not being able to access the afterstep ftp site.  I again
say, afterstep has 21 sites - have you really tried them all?
	Thanks, and yes; I do usually know the site is down, and yes I do
notify the complany that provides us with the host machine, and yes, I'm
sure they try to resolve the problem as fast as they can.