Re: Swallow and Desk in Wharf

Ashley Ward (ashley@dcs.warwick.ac.uk)
Mon, 17 May 1999 15:53:26 +0100

Ashley Ward <ashley@dcs.warwick.ac.uk> writes:
> Ethan <allanon@crystaltokyo.com> writes:
> > Get AfterStep 1.7.90 or later, and use:
> >
> > *Wharf xmailbox - Swallow "xmailbox" xmailbox &
> > *Wharf xmailbox - Exec "-" ascommand.pl "Desk 0 2" &
>
> Aha!
>
> Or even
>
> *Wharf xmailbox - Swallow "xmailbox" xmailbox &
> *Wharf xmailbox - Desk 0 2
>
> with my current version of Afterstep (1.6.10).

Apologies for following up my own posting, but I thought this might be
useful information for someone :)

Actually what I wanted to achieve here was to change both the Desk and the
Page when my mailbox icon is clicked on. (I didn't realise that the Page
was separate from the Desk at first). This does not work:

*Wharf xmailbox - Swallow "xmailbox" xmailbox &
*Wharf xmailbox - Desk 0 2
*Wharf xmailbox - GotoPage 0 0

...but luckily defining a function in "autoexec":

Function "AshMoveToMailDeskAndPage"
	Desk		"I"	0 2
	GotoPage	"I"	0 0
EndFunction

...and saying this in "Wharf":

*Wharf xmailbox - Swallow "xmailbox" xmailbox &
*Wharf xmailbox - Function "AshMoveToMailDeskAndPage"

works fine.

Thanks...

Ash.

--
         Ashley Ward - Graduate Teaching Assistant - PhD year 1
    ashley@dcs.warwick.ac.uk - http://www.dcs.warwick.ac.uk/~ashley/