Re: wharf *terms

Dave Taira (bodhi@foad.org)
Tue, 18 May 1999 10:35:01 -0700 (PDT)

> Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:27:04 -0400
> From: "Michael Katz" <mkatz@meganet.net>
>
> How can i get a program I call in the wharf to run in a xterm...ie.. pop
> open an xterm..then run my script.. insted of it being in the background...
> ------------------------------
> Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 22:22:36 -0400
> From: Jack Wallen <jlwallen@courier-journal.com>
>
> well, when i put an entry into the start menu i achieve this very thing
> like this:
>
> Exec "Application" exec aterm -tr -fg color -bg color -e app.command &
>
> i don't know if it'll work in the warf though!

Yes, it will. In my wharf I have:
[irrelevant bits snipped]
  *Wharf foad foad.xpm Exec "-" Eterm -e ssh -l bodhi foad.org &

Which pops open an Eterm that runs ssh. When I log out of the ssh
session, the Eterm closes up, too. xterm, aterm, Eterm and rxvt all
have the -e flag. Other *terms probably do as well.

Dave Taira     | Broken pipes, broken tools, people bending broken rules /   |
Hired Gun      | Hound dog howlin', bullfrog croakin' / Everything is broken |
bodhi@foad.org | --Bob Dylan, "Everything is Broken"                         |