Re: gtk upgrade woes!

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Tue, 18 May 1999 17:49:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Jeroen Asselman wrote:

>  If you have got an RPM based system, it isn't advisable to compile your own
> stuff. (Except afterstep as it is quite impossible to patch an RPM file :-) ) ..
> When you are going to compile your own GTK and GLIB it will work fine. However,
> as soon as you are going to install a GTK based program with RPM it will not be
> able to find the GTK libraries as they weren't installed by RPM.

As I have found, I have never had problems so long as I don't try to do
RPM installs in the future.  I am slowly switching my system from an RPM
based system to a self-compiled system.  Needless to say, it is slow
going.  Maybe I should've started with a compiled system from the start.
=P

Coplan                                  /"\
------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                                        / \
------
Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.