Re: Click anywhere in window -> focus

Simon Drabble (simond@foxlink.net)
Tue, 18 May 1999 22:15:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Andre Pang wrote:

> On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 09:47:55PM -0400, Simon Drabble wrote:
>
> > >     Is there a directive in a feel config file or a module which allows you
> > > to make a window focused when you click *anywhere* on the window, rather
> > > than just the titlebar?  I've tried something like adding "Mouse 0 W A
> > > Focus" to the feel file, but that doesn't work because the moment you click
> > > on any window, including the current one, AfterStep intercepts the
> > > mouse-click and the application doesn't receive the 'click'.
> >
> > Function "Move-or-Top"
> >         Move            "Motion"
> > #       RaiseLower      "Click"
> >         PutOnTop        "DoubleClick"
> > EndFunction
>
>     You didn't read my question :)  The Move-or-Top function applies to the
> titlebar only; I'm talking about focusing on the window if you click
> *anywhere* in the window, not just the titlebar.

au contraire, mon ami, I did indeed read your question, and I have indeed
solved your problem, at least as far as my installation goes. I know this
because I had exactly the same problem when I blew away^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
upgraded my old AS, and it took me a week of playing about to get
click-anywhere-on-xterm-to-focus back.

If you are still having trubs I will forward you my complete feel file.

Simon.

--
 When I want your opinion I'll give it to you.

   Simon Drabble                      Somewhere in cyberspace
   simond@foxlink.net