Re: Positioning Iconified Windows

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Sun, 2 May 1999 13:59:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 2 May 1999, Steve Ettorre wrote:

> If I am following you correctly, then some thing like:
>
>      IconBox       10 710 -40 -1
>
> Should put the icons near the lower left corner and keep them away from the
> lower right edge of the screen where I have the wharf. In fact, this seemed
> to work. However, as I continue to iconify windows, they start going first to
> the lower right corner and then to the upper left corner. I don't understand
> what's going on - any further recommendations?

That's the other thing I added to the IconBox description.  I didn't
mention it because it wasn't pertinent:

If an IconBox is provided, icons will automatically be placed in them,
if possible. Otherwise, they will be placed in the upper left corner of
the screen.

(The second sentence was added.)  I'm guessing you overflowed your IconBox,
in which case the icons will be placed in the upper left corner of the
screen.  Not ideal behavior, but better than the segfault that pre-1.5.x
used to handle that case. :)

Since it's possible to have the IconBox filled from bottom to top, I
suggest:

IconBox 10 50 -40 -1

----
Ethan Fischer