Re: A Feature Request

Martin DiViaio (martindiviaio@erols.com)
Wed, 19 May 1999 16:31:13 +0000

Andre Pang wrote:

> On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 02:18:32PM +0000, Martin DiViaio wrote:
>
> > I would like to be able to specify the configuration files directory at
> > runtime. I know that you can specify a .steprc file but this isn't what
> > I'm talking about. I would like to be able to give AS a directory name
> > that would read the config files like the ones in the G/L/A directory.
>
>     You could just write a shell script to make a symlink from the real
> directory to ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep and then run afterstep, much like
> everybody has a wrapper script to run Netscape.  Would be fairly easy.  If
> you want help with it, email me back.  :)

I think I understand this. I would have to do something like this:

mv ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep2

Then I write a shell script that looks like:

#/bin/sh

rm ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep
ln -s ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep2 ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep
/usr/local/bin/afterstep

Then I have to change my .xinitrc file to run this script instead of AS
directly.

Correct?

--
                    /)-._    Wednesday, 19 May 99 at 12:23:58
                   Y. ' _]