Re: 2 (start) menus

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Fri, 21 May 1999 12:31:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Vidar Hoel wrote:

> Yes, I knew this. But I was thinking of a menu, built as the Startmenu.
> I want a directory under ~/G/L/A/
>
> Now I have ~/G/L/A/start and it contains the startmenu, but I want an
> other directory, set up as the start-dir, but lets call it OftenUsed
> (~/G/L/A/OftenUsed)
> And in the feel-file I bind Popup "OftenUsed"  to a mousebutton.

Only the start dir is parsed into the menu.  Multiple menus are possible,
however.

To create the two menus:

cd ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/start
mkdir menu1
mv * .include menu1
echo 'keepname' >> menu1/.include
echo 'name startmenu' >> menu1/.include
mkdir menu2
echo 'keepname' > menu2/.include
echo 'name OftenUsed' >> menu2/.include
echo 'Exec "AfterStep terminal" exec aterm &' > menu2/aterm

If any .include files in your menu (such as those for Look, Feel, and
Pictures) use relative paths, you will need to change them.

Then modify your feel as follows:

#Mouse 1        R       A       PopUp "0"
Mouse 1         R       A       PopUp "startmenu"
Mouse 2         R       A       PopUp "OftenUsed"

... and do an Update All.

HTH

----
Ethan Fischer