Re: Right/permissions to startx

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Fri, 21 May 1999 15:45:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Doug wrote:

>just chmod +s /usr/X11R6/bin/*
>security risks? doesnt matter, you run redhat anyway

	While this will work, it is a bit extreme since a great many apps
are in the /usr/X11R6/bin/ dir.  You should have an X symlink to Xwrapper,
and the Xwrapper file should be -rws--x--x .
	It appears that Red Hat has made some mistake and those running
6.o should expect a clarification of what how to fix this.  I would hope
someone would post to the Red Hat mailing list and get a response, if not
mail the support that those who bought Red Hat actually paid for.

HTH