Re: Pager starting with color...

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Sun, 2 May 1999 23:44:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 2 May 1999, Coplan wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us wrote:
>
>> >Anyhow, I'm useing Afterstep 1.7.94 (first four patches).  I use pager to
>> >handle my backgrounds.  But the problem is actually in the pager's own
>> >backgroud.  My desktop background is working perfectly fine.
>> When you use transparency in Pager it uses some complicated technics
>> to cut a piece out of your root background and use it as it's own background,
>> so it's dependant on what application is setting root background.
>> Try adding :
>>
>> *PagerSetRootOnStartup
>>
>> to your pager file and see if it helps.
>> This sort of thing might not be working properly, cos I'm yet to finish rewrite
>> of Pager, which hopefully will be completed untill 1.8 comes out *grin*.
>>
>> Let me know if it does not work.
>> Also your .xinitrc and autoexec would be helpfull to see.
>>
>It still doesn't work.  The pager still comes up with a gray background
>instead of being trasparent like I would like.
>
>Sorry it took so long to try this...though Im sure you all didn't loose
>sleep over it.

	My guess is you have your PagerRows/Columns set incorrect or
completely commented out.  Without more information, I can merely wildly
speculate.  This would be something where the default pager and look conf
files should be used to verify it proper configuration, and then change
things one at a time to verify the breakage, when such  breakage does
occur, submit a bug report if indeed it is a bug.

HTH