Re: asmounter + DOS floppy

Coplan (coplan@thunder.ocis.temple.edu)
Mon, 24 May 1999 17:15:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Ricardo Bonon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> has anyone here got a DOS (FAT) floppy mounted with asmounter? Whats the
> settings I should use in .asmounter?

More than likely you have .asmounter set up correctly, as it references
the /etc/fstab file.  I would check the /etc/fstab file:

/dev/fd0    /mnt/floppy vfat defaults 0 0

if you use windows95, I would select vfat type...and more than likely
it'll work most of the time (if your kernel supports this).  Anyhow, if
you also use ext2 disks, you need to create a separate mount point for
those types of disks.  ASMounter will reference by the mount point and not
by the device.  WARNING:  This may cause problems if you want to mount
automatically by a short command-line (mount /dev/fd0).  Though I havn't
tried this.

Coplan                                  /"\
------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                                        / \
------
Your object is to save the world, while still leading a pleasant life.