Re: AfterStep errors

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Tue, 25 May 1999 08:28:44 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Nha Truong wrote:

>Hi All,
>I have a .AfterStep-errors file on my root directory like this:
>
>Dectected colordepth: 16

	Updating startmenu and/or first starting AfterStep...

>Glint Graphical Package Manager -- version 2.6.2
>Copyright (C) 1998 - Red Hat Software
>This may be freely redistributed under the term of GNU Public Licence

	opening the glint Red Hat pkg mgr...

>is folder (64,384)
>'afterstepdoc' at (0,0,64,64)
>'asclock' at (0,64,64,64)
>'Applications' at (0,128,64,64)
>is folder (128,64)
>'xiterm' at (64,0,64,64)
>'Helpme' at (0,0,64,64)
>is folder (64,64)
>'xman' at (0,0,64,64)
>'xlock' at (0,192,64,64)
>'xeyes' at (0,256,64,64)
>'Quitform' at (0,320,64,64)

	you have an old version of afterstep and you are updating the
startmenu, it's not an error, it is intentional debugging output which was
subsequently corrected and removed (in the next release).

>X Error of failed request: BadDrawable (invalid pixmap or Window parameter)
> Major opcode of failed request: 62 (X_CopyArea)
> Resource id in failed request: 0x1400010
> Serial number of failed request: 13398
> Current serial number in output stream: 13401

	Some window maker wharf app was closed and has shouwn it's not
written to well. :)

>That is the first errors when I closed AfterStep.
>I don't understand what happens as I am new in AftarStep.
>I run AfterStep in Red Hat 5.2 on a PC.

	No need to be concerned unless you are having "problems".

>I have other errors like this:
>
>Detected  colordepth: 16
>'QuitForm' at (0,320,64,64)
>xterm: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server ":0.0"^M

	This last one is you leaving a term open when you exited X (AS).

HTH