Re: Yellow Warning

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Wed, 26 May 1999 09:11:33 -0500 (CDT)

--8323328-1350490027-927687601=:7201

On Tue, 25 May 1999 bob115@tidalwave.net wrote:

>I just decided to give Afterstep a try and so far it is doing well. One
>thing I have not seen with other window managers is a yellow box that
>pops up saying warning. It only stays for a second or less but I have
>no idea what it is for. A little enlightenment would be appreciated. I
>am using 1.6.

	It must be the little disclaimer saying that the window manager
you are using is one of the development versions that was stolen from the
development bunker during the many years of espionage by the Enlightenment
and Window Maker camps.  The AfterStep government is currently allocating
a great deal of resources into conducting an internal investigation to
flush out the moles.  At this time, we ask that you remove the stolen
property from your machine and speak no furthur of this incident.  Some
time in the future you might be approached, fear not ... it will be quick.
:)

	Seriously, AfterStep has a Banner module started at startup, you
could have changed the image it is using, or it might be picking up an
image of same name which is this yellow box.  It might be an app you are
starting up, which was left started when you last closed AfterStep.
AfterStep itself has *no* yellow (by default) box that would be popping
up; it has to be an application being started (and erroring) or something of
the sort - maybe it's some new Red Hat thing. :)

HTH

--8323328-1350490027-927687601=:7201--