Re: Wharfmodul from Remote Machine

Oystein Viggen (oysteivi@tihlde.org)
27 May 1999 14:35:49 +0200

Michael Burkhard wrote:

> Oystein Viggen <oysteivi@tihlde.org> writes:
>
> > > Is it possible to display an wharfmodul like ascpu from an remote
> > > machine in my wharfbar?
> >
> > I'm doing it right now.
> >
> > The way I did it was to configure ssh login with no password using
> > ssh-agent. Then I could run remote commands with ssh from my wharf
> > config file. The display is tunneled through ssh automatically if
> > xauth is installed on both machines.
>
> I use rlogin, to login in my server without any password. I'm new to
> Linux, since 6 months, and i had problems to configure ssh. Perhaps in
> the near future. ;-)
> Is it possible to use rlogin?
>
> Can you or another tell me the commandline to display an ascpu modul
> from my server in the wharfbar of my client machine?

With ssh:
Put the following line in your ~/GNUstep/Library/Afterstep/wharf
*Wharf ascpu-Server - Swallow "ascpu" ssh -f <server> /bin/ascpu

Change the path from /bin/ascpu to the correct path for your
server. <server> must of course be swapped with the name of your server.

To use rlogin instead, you will have to find out how to execute remote
commands with it. I have never used rlogin (I never send my passwords
unencrypted over a network unless I _really_ have to), so I cannot
help you with that. 'man rlogin' whould probably be a good place to start.

Oystein
--
"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible
is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."