Re: Compiling Afterstep on SunOS 5.5.1

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Thu, 27 May 1999 18:57:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

You didn't read the whole section of the FAQ:

> The 1.6 series includes an install script that allows you to set the
> install directories to whatever you want. Even though the instructions
> say you should have root access, you can install AS under your home
> directory. The trick here is to specify only directories to which you
> have write permissions. Importantly, you must specify the full path on
> most systems.

Looking at it just now, I can see why you didn't see this: it's sort of
buried in an apparently unrelated paragraph.  My fault.  Sorry.

----
Andrew Sullivan | asullivan@sprint.ca (home)| sullivana@bpl.on.ca (work)
                                   *  *  *
AfterStep FAQ: http://afterstep.davidv.net or http://www.afterstep.org/FAQ