Re: [Re:] Netscape opens again on restart [was Re:Window Shades are

Chris Ross (chris@lochvale.com)
Mon, 03 May 1999 18:30:24 +0200

Joe Price wrote:

> David Mihm wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2 May 1999, James wrote:
> > >Also, why when i restart X and forget to quit netscape does it start
> > >up again but as a really small square (it's so small there's just room
> > >resize handle of the window)
> > >
> > >AS Version 1.7.90
> >
> >         I don't experience this behavior.  Perhaps you have in your
> > autoexec file to re-source the .workspace-state file or similar file?  The
> > internal Restart function of AfterStep does not start anymore apps, it
> > merely initializes what you have in the autoexec file under the
> > "RestartFunction".
> >

> I experience the same, I believe its netscape specific though because
> it doesn't seem affect my xterms...

For what it's worth, I get exactly the same symptoms. Netscape 4.51
with
AfterStep 1.7.90 so I would appreciate finding out the solution. If
it's
an FAQ I apologise but I can't find it.

Chris