Re: Apps to be clickable as Desktop?

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Tue, 4 May 1999 15:34:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Coplan wrote:

>Okay, I got a question...
>Am I able to allow a given application to react as a desktop if it were
>clicked?  Sorta like the way Xearth works, it's running, and it's there,
>but if you click on it, it reacts like a desktop and does a menu popup of
>whatever is linked to that button.  I want to do this with another app,
>namely cmatrix.  Is this something I can do through afterstep?  Or do I
>have to write the cmatrix coder and ask him to code it into _his_ program?

	Michael had some great info as well .... and I add -

	Not knowing really what you want to do, I suggest you look at the
xmatrix screensaver in the xscreensaver package.  As shown in the default
menu, when you use xlock, you can have the xlock "screensaver" act as
animating in the root bg.  I think this is what you are going after.  So
the only problem you face now is getting th code over to how the xlock
program expects it to react.

	This might already be possible, or it might not be possible - I
merely off this as a plausible possibility.  And remember, if you code it,
they will come. :)