Re: .include clarification

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Tue, 4 May 1999 13:47:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Donald A. Peterson wrote:

> Having GNOME on my system, there's a boatload of great background tiles &
> images from Propaganda in /usr/share/pixmaps/backgrounds that I'd love to
> add to my start menu.  So, in my ~/G/L/A/backgrounds directory I added an
> .incluse file with the following:
>
> Include "/usr/share/pixmaps/backgrounds"
>
> and updated the startmenu.  Now under Desktop->Pictures there are folders
> corresponding to the tree in /u/s/p/b/ and each .jpg is in my startmenu.
> However, I can't use any of them.

>From the afterstep man page:

Include "path" [command]
Specifies the path to another directory, whose contents will be included
in this menu. If command is given, it will be applied to all items in the
included directory as if a Command directive (see above) had been given,
except that subdirectories of the included directory are also affected.

You probably want:

Include "/usr/share/pixmaps/backgrounds" Background

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1