Re: [Re:] Netscape opens again on restart [was Re:Window Shades are going slow...

D. Cooper Stevenson (coopers@proaxis.com)
Tue, 04 May 1999 18:39:26 -0700

I had exactly the same problem. Here's how I solved it:

First, I backed up the ~/.netscape directory up to another location.

I trashed the ~/.netscape directory

This tricked Netscape into thinking that it was being run for the first time for
this user (you) and gave the messages indicating that it had just created new files
in your home directory.

I then went to the backup directory and copied my mail and bookmark files (the
names are pretty obvious) back to their original locations.

I hope this helps!

D. Cooper Stevenson