Re: Y2k Compliance - Afterstep

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Tue, 4 May 1999 23:08:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 4 May 1999, James wrote:

>On Tue, 4 May 1999, Ethan wrote:
>
># The more serious question of what will happen in 2106 when the typical
># 32-bit UNIX clock (which is based on Jan 1, 1970) rolls over is,
># fortunately, a good long ways away. :)
>
>the standard response to that question is:
>
>"we'll all be using 64 bit processors"

	What??? You mean those new Pentium !!!'s aren't 64 bit
processors???  But how do they allow me to get on that internet at such
fast speeds??  I guess it must be that they are Y2k compliant that the
speeds are so much faster on that internet thing that everyone has.  I'm
just so happy I can finally get some really fast speeds, I guess I'll just
wait til they release the fix to make these cool Pentium !!!'s 64 bit.  I
guess it'll be some kind of flash bios of cmos thing.