RE: Applying Patches

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:54:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Fisher Michael (NMP) wrote:

>Hi Albert,
>
>Thanks for replying so quickly!
>
>Once all the patches are applied I must recompile the source and go through
>the install steps again, correct? I installed 1.7.90 from an RPM so I
>haven't been through the compilation yet.

	Okay, well if you used an RPM first, you need to remove the rpm
first! otherwise you'll end up with 2 different installs and continue to
run the old version.  If you want to stick with the RPM method, the latest
snapshot (1.7.111) has the RPM .spec file imbedded in it, so making an rpm
from the tar.[gz|bz2] is simple and explained in the README which is
viewable from a link on the web site (www.afterstep.org).

	Have any more questions about this or the process, feel free to
ask for some clarification, as this is a new feature.