Re: AfterStep and *BSD [ was Re: more wharf problems. ]

jack (jack@germanium.xtalwind.net)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:48:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 14 Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, jack wrote:
>
> > Reading from pipes in module.c is where it barfs.  There was a
> > patch committed to the 3.x branch recently to fix a potential
> > race problem in pipes, but I don't recall the specifics.  I've
> > got my test box building the latest FBSD version now, but it's a
> > slow machine :(, when it finishes if that doesn't help I'll see
> > what I can find.

One one box this mostly worked, on another slightly, on two
others not at all. ????

> I've got a kludge that works!

Is sure does, on all four.  :)  The only minor change needed for
FreeBSD was to include sys/types.h before sys/socket.h

DifferentLookAndFeel doesn't seem to work in anything after
1.7.59 and after 1.7.105 changing the background has no effect
until the pager is killed and restarted.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null