Re: Getting rid of extra asfsm windows on my screen

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:08:46 +0200

On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 02:17:05PM -0500, dbelwood@shrike.depaul.edu wrote:
> I have just recently installed afterstep on one of my computers and am
> in the process of editing the wharf config file.  I finally got asfsm to
> be swallowed in the wharf, but I still have six copies of it on the
> desktop from when is wouldn't swallow.  How do I get rid of these
> windows?  There are seriously slowing down my computer.

Those are the windows that are automatically started
by AS because it thinks "you left them open - you'll need them".
Quit AS, go to your GNUstep/Library/AfterStep directory
and find the file .workspace_state Edit this file and remove
the lines with 'asfsm'. This is an emergency procedure,
of course, so be careful :)

PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15