Re: .workspace_state file

Frederick Bruckman (fb@enteract.com)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 15:42:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Rex A. Roof wrote:

> personally, I'd just remove the line in your autoexec file that
> mentions the workspace_state file.  you can find it in
> ~/GNUStep/Library/Afterstep/, or, if it's not there,
> copy it from your global AfterStep config directory
> (probably like this:  cp /usr/local/share/afterstep/autoexec ~/GNUStep/Library/Afterstep/ )
> and then take it out.

I edited mine by hand and locked it. The thing that's messed up about
it is if you enter a command like

xterm -fg blue4 -bg grey90 -e bash -c lynx\ -color &

and then resize the window, it munges it like this:

xterm -fg blue4 -bg grey90 -e bash -c lynx\ -color -geometry 108x36 &

which is illegal syntax, as the "-e" argument has to come last.