Re: Vertical Titlebars

frankrl@stud.cs.uit.no
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:04:23 +0200

> frankrl@stud.cs.uit.no writes:
>
> > Style "*"             VerticalTitle
> >
> Is this a new function in the newer releases, or is it working with
> version 1.6.10?

I might be wrong, but I believe this appeared in the 1.7 branch. But you
could just test it with your existing configuration, and see whast happens.
If nothing happens, then it was not present in 1.6.10. :)

> Is it a problem to upgrade from "version 1.6.10" to the newest release.
> Sorry for my question, but i use linux since four month's, and i will
> know if i need an update before i compile and make some mistakes.

Depends of your level of experience. I don't know how stable the RPM installs
of the 1.7 line is (I almost never use RPMs after basic install is done) but
compiling should be rather easy. The main problem with compiling, is the fact
that you usually seem to need a new version of most graphics libraries. What
you are almost guaranteed to need is the devel-packages installed for the
libraries.

Read the README and INSTALL files, most of the info you need should be in
there somewhere.

Remember though that the 1.7 branch is a developer branch, and may not be
totally stable. (I haven't seen it crash yet though... :)

cFr
--
frankrl@stud.cs.uit.no http://www.cs.uit.no/~frankrl/