Re: 1.7 bugs/problems.

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 01:21:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Jan Sacharuk wrote:

> 2) I have xv running in the background, switching my background every
> 5 minutes. When it does the change (or even on startup), it iconifies
> to the middle of the screen instead of into the IconBox. When I switch
> desktops, it moves the icon into the IconBox, and if I uniconify then
> reiconify it, it goes into the IconBox.

This is a bug, and will be fixed in my next patch.  Thanks for finding
and reporting it!

> Oh, and why does my IconBox seem to fill from the bottom instead of the
> top now?

See the IconBox entry in the afterstep man page.

> 3) My winlist and wharf baloons are an awful green color with red text
> on them, even though my winlist and wharf settings say that it
> shouldn't be so. Is there a new place for the configurations for these
> things? Or is it just ignoring some of my settings? The winlist seems
> to be the right size, anyway.

The balloon colors are now set via MyStyle's (usually in the look file).
See the NEW file for details, and the supplied looks for examples.

> 4) My looks and feels menu items are empty. Is there a new path for
> where the looks and feels go?

No, but the Look, Feel, and Pictures menus are no longer automagical.
You'll need to use .include files to get the same effect.  See the NEW
file and afterstep man page for details, and the supplied .include files
for examples.

> I think that's about it. Thanks.

You're welcome.

----