Re: pager and background

jack (jack@germanium.xtalwind.net)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:42:00 -0400 (EDT)

Today Thomas Andres wrote:

> > >I've got a problem with the changing of Background without an afterstep
> > >restart. With version 1.5 the changing worked fine. But with version
> > >1.6.10 and 1.7.111 I can't change the background without a restart. Any
> > >ideas what the problem could be?
> >
> > fixed in patch 04 to 1.7.111
>
> Nope. Actually it got worse. Now it show's no new background at all (I
> still see the remains of the gdm background)

In my case it patch 04 does make the background change, but
selecting a new look crashes the X server.  :(

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null