Re: OT: Big Trouble!

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:00:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Mike Katz wrote:

>I know this is not the right place...but I also know that there are some
>very experienced linux users on this list!
>
>This morning I went to reboot my RedHat Alpha box!  I pressed the space bar
>insted of the escape key on the countdown...this brought me to a milo
>prompt.  I did not know how to get of of the prompt so I restarted the
>server (big mistake!)
>
>The server does not seem to want to restart...it keeps hanging at theis
>section!
>"(scsi0) IO Memory at 0xc00000, MMAP Memory at 0x0"
>
>What does this mean?  How can I get my server to boot!  I still have my boot
>disk, Milo disk, and Ram disk...but I dont seem to be able to boot from the
>floppys either, they also hang at the same spot!
>
>Any help would  be GREATLY APRECIATED!  I would consider this a LIFE DEBT!

	If you bought Red Hat, MILO is described in the manual, and you
also paid for support.  If you didn't pay for anything, or your support
period has past, then goto the Red Hat web page, surf on over to the
mailing list section (use "Search" if need be) and subscribe to the RedHat
axp/Alpha mailing list or the general list for Red Hat.  All you Red Hat
questions will be answered prompmptly by ppl who run Red Hat.
	There is also a MILO HOWTO which can be found at
http://www.linux-howto.com/LDP/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX-3.html
OR
http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX-3.html .

HTH