Re: Crash on new look (was:Re: pager and background)

jack (jack@germanium.xtalwind.net)
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:36:25 -0400 (EDT)

Today Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us wrote:

> >In my case it patch 04 does make the background change, but
> >selecting a new look crashes the X server.  :(
>
> Does Any look at all causing this, or only one particular look ?

Each of the four that I've tried so far.  It does leave an
XF86_SVGA.core so if I have time today I'll build X with debug
symbols and see if I can at least see where it is happening.

> It would be great if you could e-mail your look file that is causing crashes
> to me and Ethan Fisher <allanon@crystaltokyo.com>, so we could investigate.

If you've got 1.7.115 you've got it.  This is on a "spare" box
with nothing but a fresh install, all g/l/a's and binaries are
deleted between builds.

> Sasha

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null