Re: aterm and vim...

Redback (redback@diesel.net.au)
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:30:01 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 frankrl@stud.cs.uit.no wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I use vim a lot for editing DNS sones and such tasks. I recently started to
> use aterm as my default term instead of xterm, it turns out that using vim on
> aterm creates som undesirable results:
>
> 1. Backspace no longer works. Gives ^? (TERM=xterm) or nothing at all
> (TERM=vt100). Must use Ctrl+H.
>
> 2. When editing on a line, the edited text shows up far to the right on the
> line. (8 characters from the right side of the term)
> This does however seem to occur only when I use vim over a remote shell from
> the HP-UX server. When I edit locally, this problem does not occur.
>
> Frank Ronny Larsen -- frankrl@stud.cs.uit.no

Hi Frank,

I run a RedHat distro, which has the same probs with key bindings..
you can run showkey to find the key binding you need..
ie. type showkey and then press the delete key. It will give you the
keycode.

Now edit the src/config.h file (I think that's the one) , and change the
default DELELTE and BACKSPACE keycodes to the ones you got from showkey..

I had to do it with mine and it now works fine.

Grant
Riverina Unix*sh Users Group
 www.rivuug.webfront.net.au
   redback@diesel.net.au