Re: libjpeg.so.62 ???

Grant Byers (redback@diesel.net.au)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:45:19 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Coplan wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, John Archbold wrote:
>
> > I have tried the uunet one! i downloaded it and installed it but still couldn't
> > find the file.

OK, another problem I found with libjpeg is that there are two common
versions.. 62 and 61.. KDE libs contain the older version, and if you use
KDE apps and you have KDEDIR/lib in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or in your
ld.so.conf before your standard lib paths, it finds this one first and
gives an error such as libjpeg.so.6 wrong version, caller expects 62 .
>From memory I think I ended up moving the 61 to /usr/local/lib and 62 to
/usr/lib

Hope this helps

> Make sure that you have the install path (probably /usr/local/lib) placed
> in your /etc/ld.so.conf file, and that you have run ldconfig as root.
> That should clear things up.
>
> Next, make sure you remove all cache files in the source directory of
> afterstep (I jumped in late, this -is- what you're compiling, eh?).  There
> is often a file called "config.cache" which you'll want to remove before
> you run the configure script again.
>
> See if that helps out.
>
> Coplan                                  /"\
> ------                                  \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
> Immortal Coil.Tracking                   X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
>                                         / \
> ------
> Linux...for the Third Millenium
>

> --