Re: 1.6.10 & Solaris 2.6?

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 12:42:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Are you actually getting unusable binaries?  Because "warning"s are not
"error"s.  Warnings can be places where the compiler tells you that
it doesn't like something (and so, the code might not work somewhere
else), but that it knows how to do it; or, it can be a note that the
particular approach is sub-optimal; or, it can be several other things.
Usually "warning"s are not fatal, though.  (I reminded myself this week,
however, that the same might not be true when you do a "perl Makefile.PL".
Damned modules.)

A.

----
Andrew Sullivan | asullivan@sprint.ca (home)| sullivana@bpl.on.ca (work)