Re: weird iconifying problems.

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:56:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Rex A. Roof wrote:

> lately, when I un-iconify windows, they go off of the top of the screen.
>
> well, I can see thats where they go when I have animate on...
>
> I iconify them again using the winlist, and then
> move them into a lower virtual desktop and then un-iconify them, they'll
> appear in higher one.   how can I stop this from happening?  I'm guessing
> it's in my feel file... I must have something set wrong?
>
> or is this a bug?
>
> 1.7.105 is my afterstep version, btw.

This sounds like a bug.  StubbornIcons appeared to produce strange results
in the limited testing I did; I suggest turning it off to see if things
work better.  Thanks for mentioning the version and a set of steps to
reproduce the problem.  Now to see about fixing it. :)

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1