Re: more errors

Frederick Bruckman (fb@enteract.com)
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:56:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Rex A. Roof wrote:

> here are the errors that afterstep reports:
>
> Detected colordepth : 24
> accepted module connection
> Module command is too big (134281576)
> afterstep: Resource temporarily unavailable
> accepted module connection
> afterstep: Resource temporarily unavailable
> accepted module connection
> afterstep: Resource temporarily unavailable
>

> this is afterstep 1.7.110, running on FreeBSD 3.1,
> with XFree 3.3.3.1

I've noticed the same thing on NetBSD-1.4. So far tried both 1.7.90,
and 1.7.105.

> I got it to load up once right after I patched, and I was
> excited because I finally had a wharf, which I haven't been able to
> get working... now, it's broke again. :-/

I could get the Pager and Winlist to launch (and occasionally dump
core!) by banging on the menu entry rapidly and repeatedly. The stack
trace simply shows that it's trying to write to a nonexistent
connection. "Banner" is less trouble--it works about every time. Wharf
was harder, but started once or twice, too.