Re: Getting Afterstep started in Solaris 2.6

Albert Dorofeev (albert@mail.dma.be)
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 10:05:44 +0200

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 12:31:08PM -0700, Patrick Topping wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I apologize for asking this question if it has already been asked a 1000
> times but I am having a heck of a time getting Afterstep fired up on
> Solaris 2.6.  I seem to remember something about Xserver files having to
> be manipulated, but I am not sure.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks.

I am running Solaris 2.6 with AS. You have to make it use
the X11 window manager instead of the default OpenWhatever.
As soon as you get X11, you just make the file '~/.xsession'
to start AS. Here is what I have:

#!/bin/bash

. /home/albert/.bash_profile

if [ -x /home/albert/local/AS/bin/afterstep ]
then
  exec /home/albert/local/AS/bin/afterstep
fi