Re: more wharf problems.

jack (jack@germanium.xtalwind.net)
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:57:00 -0400 (EDT)

Today Rex A. Roof wrote:

> > 	Are you using the _completely_ original default configuration
> > files?  If so , it appears that AfterStep has somehow moved away from
> > working with *BSD; if not, try _all_ _completely_ default config files.
>
> well, since before the install, I removed EVERYTHING afterstep from my
> machine...  including /usr/local/share/afterstep and ~/G/L/A,
> I'd say I'm using the totally default configuration.
>
> I also want to note, that after starting afterstep the first
> time, nothing works now, no modules....
> it worked the first time, but never after.

That's one more time than I could get it to work with FreeBSD
3.2-STABLE.  :(  _ALL_ my old configuration files were `hidden'
before the install.  FWIW, 1.7.75 and 1.7.90 wouldn't run for me
either but I haven't had time to do any digging. 1.7.49 has run
like a champ here, on four different 3.x FreeBSD boxes, since it
came out.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null