Re: AfterStep and *BSD [ was Re: more wharf problems. ]

David Mihm (davemann@ionet.net)
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 23:04:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, David Mihm wrote:
>
>> 	As of now, none of the developers have or have access to *BSD
>> boxes.  The one developer who made sure 1.6.x worked with *BSD has been
>> indesposed.  So as it appears, AfterStep previous to 1.7.49 works with
>> *BSD, and does NOT work with any version after 1.7.49 .
>> 	The BSD developer might have some time to look into correcting the
>> problems on *BSD system, but until then consider that the version break
>> mentioned above is the key to wether it works with *BSD or not.
>
>Would 1.7.49 be before the socket stuff appeared?

	The 6th patch to 1.7.49 series contains the switch to
UNIX-domain socket code, so if AfterStep breaks for you (or any
*BSD'r) at 1.7.49 patched to 1.7.55; this is the actual problem; otherwise
we'll just have to see what the actual person/developer who looks into the
problem comes up with. :)
	If someone wants to actually track this down and provide a
possible fix, I can make 1.7.49 and the patches available ... I'd put them
back up on the ftp site, but apparently the admins [ subsequent comments
have been censored ] and yadda yadda, we have no space left until they get
[ more censorship ], hopefully the problems will soon be solved.

Thanks.