Re: AfterStep and *BSD [ was Re: more wharf problems. ]

jack (jack@germanium.xtalwind.net)
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 02:07:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 11 David Mihm wrote:

> 	The 6th patch to 1.7.49 series contains the switch to
> UNIX-domain socket code, so if AfterStep breaks for you (or any
> *BSD'r) at 1.7.49 patched to 1.7.55; this is the actual problem; otherwise
> we'll just have to see what the actual person/developer who looks into the
> problem comes up with. :)
> 	If someone wants to actually track this down and provide a
> possible fix, I can make 1.7.49 and the patches available ... I'd put them
> back up on the ftp site, but apparently the admins [ subsequent comments
> have been censored ] and yadda yadda, we have no space left until they get
> [ more censorship ], hopefully the problems will soon be solved.

I have 1.7.49 (saved in several places :) but if you can send me
the patches I'll try them one at a time and see what happens.
You can mail them to me or anonymous ftp them to diamond.xtalwind.net
1.7.49 is there now, in pub/AfterStep, and I'll put the patches
there if anyone else want's to take a crack at them.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null