Re: AfterStep and *BSD [ was Re: more wharf problems. ]

Rex A. Roof (rex@dubbus.com)
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 19:45:19 -0400 (EDT)

> Rex A. Roof wrote:
> >>
> >> 	Thanks for mentioning the break point, that'll help a great deal!
> >
> >would remote access to a BSD box help?
> >I could provide it to a developer if they
> >wanted/needed.
> >
> >				-Rex
>
>     thanks to help of one system administrator i got today an access to a
>   freebsd box so consider the problem as being solved. because i was out
>   of looking at/digging in AS code for a pretty long time it might take me
>   some time before i get in sync.
>     rex, i'd very pleased if u could send me some information on what
>   version of freebsd u're using and what configuration of AS and your box
>   is. thanks in advance.

I installed  FreeBSD-3.1-STABLE a while back...
I know I was having problems with the complete default
install of AfterStep 1.7.111.
I downloaded the tarball, did a ./configure ; make ; make install
and ran AfterStep.  this was after removing  /usr/local/share/afterstep
and ~/G/L/A

					-Rex